Current positions in the electrical industry
Applications Engineer – NY /NJ area – 5077
Cybersecurity & IT, Electrical Manufacturing, Power Distribution, Renewable Energy, Utility
I am representing an industry leading solutions provider serving the Electric, Transit, Renewable, and Water/Wastewater utilities for the past 60 years. The organization is a leading SCADA and automation equipment supplier with engineering, manufacturing, training, and service support from inception to completion.
As a result of continued growth, we are seeking an Applications Engineer to assist the Sales team.
You will assist in the preparation of proposals using your proven business prospective and strong technical foundation.
- Networking (hardware & software)
- Communication; wireless, lease line, microwave, etc.
- Database: SQL, ODBC, Oracle, third party, etc.
- Server (enterprise); installation, configuration experience
- Schematic Reading
- Mechanical design and layout experience
- Parts List, BOMs
- Layout, Interconnect and Block Diagram Exp.
- Protocols, which ones, programming, configuration, etc.
- MBTF Calculations
- HMI Products and working experience with.
- SCADA, DCS Systems
- Experience working with Manufacturing Representatives
- Experience working with Distributors
- Product Sales/Marketing:
- Computer Systems
- Experience writing Product Brochures, Proposal Material, Bulletins, literature, White Papers, etc.
- Proposal Development
- Writing technical explanations
- Table of Compliances
- Exp. / Knowledge of; bonding, insurance, payment terms, warranty terms, FOB Shipping, Import/Exporting, taxes
- Experience with Commercial Terms & Conditions
- Cost Sheets
If you have a background working with Transit applications, Electric Utilities, Power knowledge, SCADA / Distribution Automation experience, knowledge of computer equipment and networking software communications…Let’s talk!