Current positions in the electrical industry
4826 – Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Manufacturing, Power Distribution
Electrical Design Engineer – Chicago Area
I am representing a recognized leader in quick ship custom built electrical power distribution equipment. The organization designs and manufactures custom switchboards, control panels, portable generator connection cabinets, junction boxes, and panels to their customers across all industries. While growth driven, the team is determined to provide quality products and service and at the same time remembering the entrepreneurial spirit that the company was built on back in 1936.
We are seeking two Electrical Design Engineers – one in the Chicago area and one in Detroit, MI.
This position is responsible for coordinating all Electrical Engineering activities and for publishing drawing of
electrical switchboards to both internal and external audiences. Specifically, the role will be responsible for:
- Producing Electrical drawings supporting sales efforts and manufacturing processes
- Determining best practices for productivity, quality, and accuracy
- Acting as the thought leader for all Electrical Engineering needs
- Reviewing AutoCAD 2D drawings of complete electrical power equipment assemblies produced by the Engineering team
- Supporting the Sales effort for all technical questions
- This role is a critical liaison between Sales and Manufacturing, and it encompasses two equally important functions:
- Instill a customer centric / service-oriented organization by guiding all Engineering activities to support the Sales organization
- Drive excellence in technical area, mentoring and guiding the organization through an aggressive growth phase.
- Analyze drawings to determine dimension and to choose cutting tools, machine speeds, and feed rates
- Translate drawings or CAD models into a computer aided/automated manufacturing (CAM) program
- Create the sequence of operations and establish the cutting tools needed to manufacture (sheet metal and copper)
- Make manual program adjustments as necessary
- Troubleshoot issues during the manufacturing process
- Develop CNC programs for production runs
- Experience using CAD/CAM software required
- Proficient in AutoCad and general computer skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time required
- Experience using FabriWIN software and AutoDesk Inventor, for 3D modeling, preferred
- Experience designing low voltage equipment, including sheet metal and copper, preferred
- Understanding of electricity flow and UL891 rules preferred
This is an opportunity to join an organization that is experiencing tremendous growth. A company with the vision to be viewed as a service organization, not just a manufacturer. The goal – solve customer needs with a highly custom solution – utilizing their unique design approach. A genuine customer-centric focus.