Current positions in the electrical industry
Director of Sales and Marketing – CA or Remote – 5081
Electrical Manufacturing, Power Distribution, Renewable Energy
I am representing a leading provider of turnkey power and energy solutions for C&I customers. Using disruptive technologies, the organization delivers their customers strong value by (1) reducing energy cost (2) improve resilience and reliability of power systems and (3) performs as a power blender between various energy sources to ensure a harmonious integration of renewable energy sources, energy reserves and the grid.
The disruptive technology is addressing the emerging needs of the power grid from the distribution system through to behind-the-meter new energy management requirements. The solutions allow a smooth integration of DER, energy reserves, power systems back up and the grid into an integrated and distributed energy network. The switchless contribution of each energy source is blended into one common and homogenous DC bus capable of load and grid support without compromising system reliability.
We are seeking a Director Sales and Marketing for Power Converters in the C&I Market.
The Director Sales and Marketing will have ultimate responsibility for selling the organization’s Power converters and solutions and will report directly to the CEO. He/She will be a key member of the executive leadership team. The Director of Sales and Marketing will have extensive experience bringing innovative, energy solutions to the C&I sector, specifically into Microgrids, demand control management, and below 1 MW Energy storage market segment. He/She will have a successful track record of scaling sales and marketing organizations within early stage, high-growth companies by selling power converters and integrating them into customer applications. With guidance from the CEO, the Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for defining and implementing a nationwide strategy and sustainable and predictable sales process that aligns with the business objectives and delivers value to customers and the company, both short term and long term.
- Lead the company’s Sales, Marketing, and Business Development efforts in the new energy sector effectively and efficiently.
- Provide leadership in the development and refinement of the Company’s product/service and go-to-market strategy – with particular emphasis on selling solutions.
- Enhance sales, marketing, & channel development strategies to maximize revenue potential from existing and prospective customers. This includes more direct selling (more direct customer ownership) and less dependency on third party reps and distributors.
- Develop, nurture, and grow meaningful and valuable strategic relationships.
- Develop and clearly articulate: (1) the value proposition for the company and their products; (2) corporate brand message; and (3) company differentiators to customers, peers, teams, prospects, and partners.
- Work closely with the CEO to implement metrics to facilitate sales forecasting and improve the efficiency/effectiveness of resources.
- Be an inspirational evangelist for the company at speaking engagements at various industry conferences.
- Experience negotiating large contracts with complex commercial terms.
If the following describes you, Let’s talk!:
- 15+ years of strategy, sales, and marketing experience in Power converters for Microgrids, Energy Storage, EV Charging, PV, AC or DC back up power.
- In depth knowledge of various Power technologies including modular UPS and Inverters.
- 10+ years of experience in successful Sales & Marketing leadership roles in high-growth, entrepreneurial cultures.
- Exceptional personal sales success, with a passion for being in the marketplace.
- Proven experience building world-class, high-performance sales organizations.
The opportunity offers a strong base salary, commission on all sales, and annual bonus plan. The candidate will ideally be in California; however the role is open to exceptional candidates located anywhere as this is a remote based role.