Current positions in the electrical industry
Electrical Design Engineer – Detroit, MI and Houston, TX – 5067
Electrical Manufacturing, Power Distribution
I am representing a leading provider of electrical power distribution equipment and services. With a strong commitment to excellence, the organization specializes in manufacturing switchboards, switchgear, and panelboards, and offer a wide range of electrical services, including commissioning, testing, and maintenance. The company has a long-standing reputation for exceptional service and are rapidly expanding their presence nationwide.
We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer (focus on MV) in Detroit and an Electrical Design Engineer (LV or MV) in Houston.
These positions will join a growing team developing custom solutions that are used in a multitude of industries. Each project takes an idea from concept to design, to production. Responsibilities include creating, updating, and releasing electrical drawing packages for assigned projects in compliance with customer and industry specifications.
In this function you will:
- Develop electrical approval drawings inclusive of single lines, three lines, control schematics and bill of materials for assigned projects.
- Update approval packages as required based on design review and customer input.
- Prepare and release electrical manufacturing drawings inclusive of wiring diagrams, interconnection diagrams and bill of materials to production and purchasing.
- Ensure drawings are released and parts are ordered in time to support the production build schedule.
- Address manufacturing component mounting assembly and wiring activities as needed.
- Provide technical support to sales and company distributors in support of the company’s quality customer service effort.
- Align and actively contribute to the company’s quality improvement initiatives.
- Stay abreast of technical product developments through literature review and industry developments.
- Design single phase, three phase and DC protection and control circuits.
- Accurately select protection, metering, and control components such as circuit breakers and protection devices based on the required application.
- Understanding of the requirements for proper breaker selection and cable sizing based on application