Current positions in the electrical industry
Field Service Engineer / Technical Support Engineer – NY / NJ area – 5087
Cybersecurity & IT, Electrical Manufacturing, Power Distribution, Renewable Energy, Utility
I am representing an industry leading solutions provider serving the Electric, Transit, Renewable, and Water/Wastewater utilities for the past 60 years. The organization is a leading SCADA and automation equipment supplier with engineering, manufacturing, training, and service support from inception to completion.
As a result of continued growth, we are seeking a Field Service Engineer / Technical Support Engineer.
This is a hands-on field position, requiring SCADA / DCS knowledge with IT experience. This role requires 15-20% travel throughout North America.
If you have a background in the following, we should talk:
- Networking experience (hardware & software): LAN experience with routers, firewalls, switches. IT support experience preferred. Hands-on experience a must
- Communication: Lease Line, Radio (154/900 MHZ), Spread Spectrum, Ethernet. Hands-on experience a MUST, some theoretical preferred
- PC Hardware: Network Interface, Modems, Serial Ports, Fiber Optic Ports
- PC Application Software Experience: Microsoft Windows/ Windows Server, Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD, SQL/ODBC
- Operating Systems Knowledge: Microsoft Windows, Linux a Plus
- Fluent understanding of electrical/electronic schematics and interconnection diagrams
- Industry Experience: Utility Power, Municipal, Co-Op, IOU, Transportation PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers), SCADA and DCS (Distributed Control Systems)
- PLC and HMI/GUI development experience required. Knowledge of common industry PLC and HMI programming software such as RSLogix5000, FactoryTalk View, TIA Portal, EcoStruxure, Vijeo or Similar
- Hands-on experience with test instruments (meters, scopes, analyzers, debuggers, simulators, etc.)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel as required domestically and potentially internationally (little if at all)
- Update customer documentation based on field activities
- When not traveling, work in a Help Desk capacity in the Customer Service Department
- Participate in the integration, loading, configuration and testing of SCADA, networking and communication hardware and software
- Work with customers to help startup, configure and cutover NEW equipment/systems
- Perform training in a formal and or ad hoc environment as required
- Write documentation; Test Plans/Procedures, User Manuals, How to Guides, etc.