Current positions in the electrical industry
4869 – Senior Transformer Field Services Technician
Electrical Manufacturing, Power Distribution, Utility
I am representing the industry leader in transformer and substation maintenance and electric power system reliability. The organization’s mission is simple: to provide the expert guidance, testing, servicing, and training needed to maximize the reliable life of transformers,—ensuring the continuity of critical power.
The company specializes in field maintenance and repair services, remote monitoring, transformer oil testing, comprehensive diagnostics, and transformer maintenance training, bringing together the resources needed to provide truly integrated and complete management of transformers.
While transformers are a big part of the business, the organization provides a place where employees can build a career and a future. With an average staff tenure more than 12 years and some employees having over 40 years with the company, it’s a place where people enjoy being a part of a “family”. With a focus on promotion from within, where a person can start at an entry level role and may eventually become an executive of the company, the potential for career growth at the company is excellent.
We are seeking TWO Senior Field Service Technician to safely and productively complete field assignments involving the installation, repair, and oil processing of energized and de-energized transformers in high voltage substations.
- One based in CA (ideally near Sacramento), but the right candidate can be remote from anywhere in CA – geographic responsibility is the Western United States.
- One based remotely in the US – geographic responsibility could be TX or OH.
Enjoy two weeks on, one week off schedule with excellent guaranteed hours and automatic per diem, whether used or not.
- Install oil processing equipment on energized and de-energized electrical equipment
- Accurately complete site paperwork
- Make field repairs to electrical equipment, as necessary.
- Transformer Vacuum filling.
- Oil sampling, as necessary.
- Obtain accurate insulating fluid samples from high voltage transformers.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Maintain Vehicle to SDMI standards.
- Maintain proper record of accountability and Per Diem.
- 5 years of related experience and knowledge of electrical transformer field service equipment and maintenance
- CDL License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Lab tests and basic lab data interpretation, electrical safety practices, confined spaces, and Lock Out-Tag-Out
- Electrical Safety Goods and proper usage
- Proper maintenance relating to work supplies and equipment
- High mechanical and electrical aptitude
- CDL with clean driving record according to the company policy and be insurable.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, high level of integrity, initiative, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all customers, company departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, strong initiative and follow through skills.
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution at a tactical level.
- Basic computer skills.
- Learn on-the-job training from SOPs and other Sr. and field technicians
If joining an organization with the following principles and values is important to you…We need to talk!:
- Valuing people over financial profits
- The members of the organization are cared for and flourish both in and outside the organization
- Fostering covenantal relationships with customers and suppliers
- The work the company does builds up Good Places in the communities where they work
- Employees and others can experience the continuing of creation in us and through our activities.