Current positions in the electrical industry
VP Sales – Remote – 5130
Electrical Distributors, Electrical Manufacturing, Wire & Cable
Pati is working with a South Asia company who is looking to enter the US Market. They are looking for a VP of Sales based on the Eastern United States to help them build out their sales team, distribution channel partners and independent sales representatives’ firms.
They manufacture wire & cable and electrical goods products, and they are focused on the commercial and industrial segment of the electrical industry.
Position summary and general purpose: Responsible for accelerating sales of entire product portfolio (Wire & Cable and electrical goods). Responsible for driving profitable revenue growth for the Company through active management of the sales process (Demand Generation, Qualifying, Proposing, Delivering) and marketing activities. Lead in building a high-caliber, high-performance sales organization which includes sales support; marketing; interface with operations and engineering staff; and management and development of channel partner relationships. Tasked with developing increased sales penetration within the company’s current customer base as well as expanding into new customers and markets. Help to build sales strategies to help meet company goals.
- Selecting, training, developing and leading sales account managers (both outside and inside salespeople), marketing resources and customer service representatives. Selecting, training, developing, and managing independent manufacturer’s representatives and agents
- Providing appropriate, accurate and timely rolling revenue forecasts to the executive management team
- Compile, review, and succinctly report quantitative sales data to the senior team and react rapidly to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities.
- In conjunction with the rest of the senior executive team, lead the continued cultural shift of the business from a “family business culture” to a culture of performance and accountability.
- Develop and execute marketing materials/tools to support the company’s brands and sales growth objectives.
- Interact personally with customers where multi-level and executive suite selling is required and specifically as it relates to closing large contracts and orders.
- Maintaining and providing market and competitor intelligence
- Contributing to corporate strategy development particularly in the area of product line, market segment, and target customer strategies through key account planning
- Overseeing and assigning leads generated by marketing activity for appropriate and timely follow-up.
- Supporting trade show selection, planning, and staffing
Essential skills and experience:
- 15+ years’ experience in electrical goods sales role, wire & cable preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in leading an inside and outside sales team, required
- A bachelor’s degree in business or engineering is highly desirable and a strong plus.
- Strong leadership, managerial and people development skills
- Experience building high caliber sales teams and sales infrastructure.
- Experience developing and managing channel partner relationships.
- Experience managing and cultivating international relationships and partnerships.
- Experience developing and managing marketing campaigns.
- Experience developing and managing product lines.
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions and experience reviewing and negotiating contract terms
Salary range is open based on experience. Please reach out to Pati Kelly at email@example.com if you want to talk more about this unique opportunity.