Current positions in the electrical industry
Product Engineering Manager – VT – 5126
Product Engineering Manager, Quality Lighting Manufacturer, Vermont – Relocation Available
Join this exceptional, proud US lighting manufacturer which believes in modern technology and innovation as well as exquisite design and craftsmanship.
As the Product Engineering Manager, you will head up the Product Engineering and Customs teams, to lead and inspire exceptional performance and results.
- Plan, develop and implement priorities for the teams, manage their performance and development, while ensuring new products and improvements are released timely to manufacturing.
- Develop New Products – research and develop new products, techniques and technologies, collaborating with the design team to ensure manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
- Lead continuous improvement of existing products, improving quality, manufacturing processes, materials, compliance, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure company engineering and drawing systems are efficient and meet ongoing and future business needs.
- Develop forward-thinking technologies to support product and process optimization. Explore new sourcing options and vendors.
To do this you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a related technical field or be licensed to practice engineering by a recognized regulatory agency (PE).
- 5 to 7 years of engineering experience within lighting manufacturing/product design, 3 within a leadership role.
- Proven success in taking concept designs forward into technical specifications.
- A sound knowledge of a broad range of materials and manufacturing technologies used in light engineering.
- Ability to comprehend and translate subjective, conceptual descriptions into objective product models.
- High competency in CAD systems both SolidWorks and AutoCAD
Of course, you will need excellent team AND time management, be self-directed, and goal oriented.
Interested? If this sounds like your next role, we should talk very soon. Or if it sounds like it’s right for someone you know, we love referrals.